4. Complaint/Grievance Policy
Destination Leadership seeks to ensure equitable treatment of every person and to attempt to solve any grievances in a timely and fair manner. Participants have the right to file a grievance regarding presentation or content, facility concerns, or instructor/faculty behavior. All grievances will be addressed to the best of our ability to prevent further problems.
A process for filing grievances can be found below:
- Step 1: A participant should first attempt to resolve the issue directly with the educator/trainer, staff, or participant with whom they have an issue. If participants are not comfortable approaching the individual, they can proceed to step 2.
- Step 2: If participants are not comfortable approaching the individual with whom they have a grievance, or are unable to resolve the issue directly, participants should submit a written grievance to the program manager within 10 days. The program manager will review the issue and talk to the student within 10 days of receiving the complaint. The program manager, Shana Ring (), will work with all parties involved to resolve the issue.
- Step 3: If a participant does not feel the issue is resolved, a written request for an appeal should be sent to Grant Ring, Senior Director, () or review.
- This appeal should include the original complaint and reason(s) the participant is unsatisfied with the resolution attempt(s).
- Appeals are reviewed and a written response will be provided to the participant within 10 days.
- All appeal decisions are final.