Destination Leadership's DEIB Scholarship Program
Since 2013, Destination Leadership has provided from 5 to 10 Full-Tuition Scholarships each year for participation in Destination Leadership's flagship Certified Leadership Coach (CLC) Fast-Track Training Program. Past scholarship recipients have each received up to 60+ hours of ICF-Accredited Coach Education Training.
This new scholarship program is in alignment with the International Coaching Federation's (ICF) Statement and Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB). Read the ICF's DEIB Statement here.
Destination Leadership's new scholarship program also models and incorporates the ICF Foundation Scholarship Program's vision "to ensure that coaching is made available to underrepresented populations, and to increase the focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion" and offering certified coach education scholarship opportunities.
As a Level 1 ICF-Accredited Coaching Education Provider, Destination Leadership is excited to formalize and announce: Professional Coach Development - DEIB Scholarship.
Scholarship recipients will receive the following benefits:
- Full Tuition Scholarship to a 60+ hours ICF-Accredited Coaching Education Program: Destination Leadership's Certified Leadership Coach (CLC) Training Program, awarded in 2023 or 2024 via virtual and/or in-person programs (see the scheduled programs for 2023 and 2024 - Note: additional dates will be added for 2024):
- For virtual programs, recipients will be required to have functioning video technology, reliable internet service, and cover their own incidentals,
- For in-person programs, recipients will be asked to cover their own all-inclusive travel costs and other incidentals,
- Participants are responsible to secure the date/times to attend from their Employer for participation.
- 10+ hours of Mentor Coaching with an ICF Professional Certified Coach (PCC),
- Earn the Certified Leadership Coach (CLC) credential from Destination Leadership, and
- Final evaluation to earn the Level 1 Certificate, and pre-qualify to apply to the ICF ACC credential.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- Reside in Saskatchewan or Manitoba (Phase 1 2023/2024),
- Receive a nomination/recommendation by their employer and/or apply on their own providing a reference,
- Provide a Personal Statement of Intent describing their interest the coaching scholarship, responding to the following points (maximum 300 words):
1. Demonstrated interest and/or be on a career track to become a professional coach,2. Demonstrated aspiration for leadership and/or have 2-3 years of experience in a leadership role,
3. Demonstrate commitment or contributing to the social impact in their community through coaching during the program and upon graduation, and
- Complete online application, meeting all criteria listed above (incomplete applications will not be accepted).
- Applications will be evaluated by a committee.