5. Enrolment Agreement/Participation Policy
Success in our program requires full commitment by all participants. By enrolling in this course, participants agree to being fully present during all sessions and participate to the best of their ability. This includes arriving on time, abiding by the code of conduct, and engaging in course activities.
- In order to provide you with the minimum required training hours for certification, it is important that you are present at all course sessions.
- If you have an emergency or become ill and are not able to attend a coaching training session, please contact your instructor and Shana Ring, Director of Training (), immediately. You will be expected to complete the session materials, review the session recording, and complete a coaching session outside the live session to make up for the missed session.
- If you need to miss more than 5 hours of the course, you will have the option to work with the instructor to cover the missed material at your own expense or register for another course. If you miss more than 5 hours of mentor coaching, you will need to arrange and pay for individual mentor coaching sessions to complete the required 10 hours of mentor coaching to satisfy the International Coaching federation requirements.
- Petitions to this policy are considered on a case-by-case basis and must be submitted in writing to the instructor and Destination Leadership. You can contact Shana Ring, Director of Training at 306-539-8924 or
- Our courses are designed to be interactive and engaging for our participants. It is therefore an expectation that you participate in course activities, including dialogue with the course instructor and peers, mock coaching activities, and experiential learning exercises.
- If you are unable to participate in an activity, please inform your instructor as soon as possible. Please refer to the code of conduct for additional details.
Professional Code of Conduct
Participants are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner during all sessions. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Arriving on time to all sessions.
- Attending all live sessions and mentor coaching sessions.
- Having your camera on for virtual live sessions.
- Participating fully in all sessions and mentor coaching sessions. This includes being prepared for the session, involving yourself in discussions and activities, assuming responsibility for your learning, and contributing to the learning of others.
- Engaging in discussions with integrity and honesty.
- Being respectful of your fellow participants and instructors, including silencing your cell phone, not texting, and other disruptive behaviors.